February has us crushin’ even more on our LinkedIn fam! You know here at The Borden Group we’re all about the human touch. People do business with people. And at the end of the day, that’s exactly what we all are — people. Titles, achievements, and aspirations aside, we share the same palette of human emotions and experiences (and possibly even the same Starbucks order). Which is why we believe in showing up for you, our community, in the most heart-centered way possible. We genuinely want to see you succeed both personally and professionally!
So we’re inviting you to join us in spreading a little extra love to your LinkedIn network during this season of adoration. While we’re certain no one would ever decline a dozen red roses or a box of Russel Stover chocolates (dairy free of course), these 14 tactics are guaranteed to go beyond a square on the calendar and authentically grow your network in a way that will leave a lasting impression on many hearts.
- Create an appreciation post. Assess your audience — have you made a new connection lately? Has a client left a raving review? Did someone in your network share your latest post? Write up a heartfelt appreciation post expressing your gratitude and tag them. Let your connections know just how much their efforts mean to you while simultaneously repaying the favor by getting more eyes on their profile.
- Send a warm hello. LinkedIn now has over 1 billion members using their platform, which means there is an abundance of incredibly talented people out there to press ‘connect’ on. Go the extra mile and stand out from the crowd by sending a warm hello. Lead with value and show you’re truly interested in cultivating a real relationship. You never know what powerful opportunities await inside each inbox!
- Post & share value-rich content. Always post content that is centered on serving your community at the highest level. And share posts from your community members to put them in the spotlight, too! We love using occasional surveys to capture our audience’s goals so we can create content that will help them achieve. By showing your unwavering support and commitment to your community’s success, you will naturally acquire their trust and respect.
- Initiate IRL meetups. Do you see superstars swirling around your LinkedIn feed who you would love to get to know better? Don’t be afraid to ask them to get together outside of the digital landscape. A coffee, dinner, or fun business event could be a great way to generate new ideas, plan future collabs, and expand your network.
- Consistently engage. We get it, the “post and ghost” method is certainly alluring when things get hectic. But we promise you, blocking off even just 15 minutes a day to engage with your community’s reactions to your posts, as well as their posts, will go a long way.
- Participate in LinkedIn events. LinkedIn lives open up excellent opportunities to make meaningful connections through shared passions. Attend in real time and presence yourself in the chat. True engagement will not only support the host, it will also enhance visibility and attract new aligned connections into your network. (We love audio events!)
- Collaborate creatively with your industry. How can you optimize your skill set and contribute your unique talents in a bigger way? Leverage LinkedIn groups, searches, and articles to niche down and find other experts in your industry you can partner with. Together you can co-host live events or masterminds to better support your colleagues. This is a powerful way to establish yourself while taking others up with you.
- Endearing endorsements are always a good idea. Do you have community members who consistently provide exceptional value? Take a few seconds to endorse their skills and boost their credibility so more people can discover their work.
- Make meaningful introductions. The beauty of LinkedIn is its incredible reach. You have access to connections all over the globe. Since there are billions of members out there, it’s nearly impossible to meet everyone. So if you come across connections who seem to share the same values, passions, and interests, introduce them. Hey, we love playing Cupid every once in a while!
- Humanize your responses. Leave behind the generic ‘copy and paste’ responses and craft comments that hold value. Lean into what’s actually being said and how you can add to the conversation. Leverage the comments you’re receiving as a gateway into understanding your audience on a deeper level – ask questions, get curious! Whatever you do, please don’t use AI to comment!
- Prioritize prompt replies. DMs piling up and comments going on read for days aren’t the best image builders. We know life gets busy which is why we recommend scheduling time in your calendar for comments, networking, and messages alike so you’re consistently circulating within your network and never giving off the impression that you don’t care (because we know you do!).
- Write a review. If you’ve recently attended a high-powered LinkedIn event, joined an enriching masterclass, or received exceptional mentorship from a colleague, offer to write them a review. We know how crucial a credible online presence is in this day and age, they’ll be extremely appreciative of your positive feedback!
- Ask how you can support. Don’t always assume you know what your community needs from you, reach out and ask! This way you can optimize your time and efforts to truly make an impact. Asking for what we need or how we can support others is a superpower that collapses the gap between point A and point B. Use it!
- Thank those who engage with you. Everyone wants to feel seen! Take a minute to send a quick ‘thank you’ message to anyone who has liked or commented on your latest post. This simple act shows immense appreciation your network can feel.
We’re excited to see the love light up LinkedIn in the coming months! Be sure to share this article to keep the momentum going and invite others into this positivity movement, too. Together we will achieve so much more than we could ever imagine on our own. Let’s go!